Different types of Charity Insurance

As a charity, you have a duty of care to protect your charity’s assets and resources. They’re a number of different policies, and depending on the type of charity you operate, you may need a number of policies to ensure you are fully protected against all eventualities.

To give you an idea of what types of cover are available, listed below is a breakdown of some of the top charity insurance policies.

Public Liability Insurance

If your charity interacts with members of the public then Public Liability Insurance covers your charity in the event of a third party (such as a member of the public) is injured, or their property damaged, due to your negligence.

Employer’s Liability Insurance

If your charity is an establishment that has employees or volunteers, then you must get Employer’s Liability Insurance. This type of charity insurance covers your charity against injury claims or illness suffered by employees and volunteers working for you.

Trustee and Directors Indemnity Insurance

Trustee and Directors Indemnity Insurance can provide protection to trustees and directors where they may be held personally liable. This type of charity insurance also covers the legal costs and expenses of defending any such claims.

Buildings and Contents Insurance

Buildings and Contents Insurance can protect you from the cost of repairing the damage which has been caused by accidental damage, theft and various disasters including fires and floods.

Business Interruption Insurance

Whilst Buildings and Contents Insurance will pay to restore your building, Business Interruption Insurance is taken out if your day-to-day running of your charity is disrupted, and you suffer a loss of revenue as a result.