A short guide to protecting your business with Fire Damage Insurance

Fire is one of the biggest risks we face on a daily basis - it can quickly cause significant damage to premises and stock, as well as endangering the lives of customers and staff.

Having the right insurance in place is crucial in ensuring the long term safety of your business. Although there isn't a specific policy labelled 'fire damage insurance' available on the marketplace, there are several types of insurance that would cover your costs in repairing or replacing damaged goods in the event of a fire.

For example, buildings insurance is designed to cover the cost of rebuilding premises if it's been damaged or destroyed in a fire. The same can be said for contents insurance, which will cover any costs associated with replacing lost furniture or appliances.

You can also speak to us regarding adding stock cover to your business insurance policy, as well as machinery cover if you work with specific tools in your industry. Ultimately, your business insurance can be tailored to suit any need.

Any type of fire damage insurance protection will step in to assist when there's been a fire. The specific levels of cover will be discussed with you when organising your policy, so it's important to amend and update your cover as your business grows.

Landlord building insurance can cover the cost of rebuilding or restoring your rental property if it's damaged or destroyed by fire. If you provide your tenants with furniture and appliances, you may also want to consider landlord contents insurance - this will pay to replace any lost contents destroyed in a fire, flood or other disasters.

If you have an insurance policy for your business, why not let one of our experienced commercial insurance advisors review the cover for you - that way, you can be sure your business or residential premises are protected at all times. Call us today on 01202 754900 for more information.