It is believed that around 80% of properties in the UK are under-insured, with most significant levels of underinsurance present in higher value properties. With an increase in wealth comes an increase in property size and household contents, and we hate to see an incident at a property where the occupiers have failed to realise just how valuable their possessions are.
Our private client team are experts in arranging insurance programmes for high-value homes so appreciate that you may have specific requirements. A&T work closely with the leading insurers for high-net-worth homes and to help avoid underinsurance, we can help arrange for a valuation service to be conducted for insurance purposes, often negotiating this to be paid for by the insurers.
Where you may have encountered issues in the past, we can provide cover for all types of privately owned domestic properties including Grade I or II Listed, thatched and other types of non-standard construction properties.
- Accidental damage cover for your home buildings (including garages, conservatory, sheds, out-buildings & swimming pools/spas
- Alternative accommodation cover (should your home be uninhabitable due to an insured event, such as fire or flood)
- Trace & access cover (invaluable if you need to find and repair a leaking pipe within your home including its grounds)
- Tree Damage Prevention Measures
- Listed buildings/thatch
Contents and Valuables
- Accidental damage cover to protect your furniture, contents and valuables
- Valuables (such as jewellery, watches & cameras) in your home & worldwide
- Fine art
- Replacement locks following the loss of keys
- Fridge and freezer contents
- Pedal cycles
- Students and boarders possessions
- Contents cover for family members in Care Homes
- Contents valuation service
Reassurance in the event of a claim
Our experienced claims advisers will provide you with personalised help should the need to make a claim arise. We will work with our insurer partners to make sure that your claim is dealt with in a timely and just manner and that you have all the advice, support and information needed.
The policies that we recommend will usually provide you with a 24 hours claims assistance helpline, to arrange to secure your home, emergency repairs or alternative accommodation, as well as prompt action and advice on all types of household claims.
Property & Contents Insurance Enquiry
Please complete the fields below to send us a message and one of the team will be with you as soon as possible.